Sarah J. Arendt joined Werman Salas P.C. in April 2012. She received her Juris Doctor degree in 2012 from the University of Chicago Law School. During law school, Ms. Arendt participated in the University of Chicago Exoneration Project, where she worked to prove the innocence of Illinois inmates who had been wrongfully convicted. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, summa cum laude, from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities in 2009.
In 2011, Ms. Arendt received the Peggy Browning Labor & Employment Law Fellowship. Through that program, she worked as a law clerk for the Communications Workers of America (CWA), an international labor union, in Washington, D.C. Ms. Arendt is a strong supporter of the labor movement and a vocal advocate for low-wage worker’s rights.
While Ms. Arendt’s practice focuses primarily on wage and hour class and collective action lawsuits, she also represents workers in a wide range of other employment related litigation, including lawsuits arising under the anti-discrimination provisions of Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”).
Ms. Arendt is admitted to practice in Illinois. Ms. Arendt is a member of the American Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Litigation, Wage and Hour
- Class Actions
- Collective Action Lawsuits
- Employment Discrimination
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
University of Chicago Law School, Chicago, Illinois
J.D. – 2012
Honors and Awards
- Peggy Browning Labor & Employment Law Fellowship, Peggy Browning Labor & Employment Law Fellowship, attorney_honor_year
- LAF Chicago Volunteer of the Year Award, LAF Chicago Volunteer of the Year Award, attorney_honor_year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Women Employed Quality Jobs Council , Member
Past Employment Positions
- Communications Workers of America (CWA), an International Labor Union, in Washington, D.C., Law Clerk